WELCOME TO THE ‘A GARDEN OF BLACK JOY’ ANTHOLOGY SUBMISSION
Thank you for your interest in this project! Cultivated by Black Table Arts with support from Button Poetry and In Black Ink, A Garden Of Black Joy will be an anthology of poetry from black writers centering the experiences of our lives that make a blacker world more recognizable and more possible.
Eligibility & Guidelines
- Submissions open April 1st and close at 11:59 PM CST on April 30th.
- Writers are asked to submit one original poem on joy.
- Each writer may only submit ONE entry.
- Submissions are free and open exclusively to black writers.
- Submissions are open to writers of all ages and to any black writers from around the world.
- Submissions should be 12pt font (Times new roman or similar) and no longer than three pages, in PDF format.
- Do not include your name anywhere in your poem itself – please only include it in the cover letter field. We wish to read all submissions with equal attention regardless of who the author is. Poems that include the author’s name may be disqualified.
- Submissions cannot be revised once they are submitted, but if your poem is selected there will be an opportunity for revision.
- Writers whose poems are selected will be offered a modest honorarium for inclusion in the anthology.
Note: Due to the free nature of this submission, we cannot guarantee customer support throughout the submission period. If you are having technical issues with Submittable, please contact their support team at email@example.com
Thank you again for your interest! It shows us that we are the garden we need to grow!